Hello from everyone here at Oliver's Labels!
This week, North America has been hit by a heat wave! We have experienced higher than normal temperatures all across our continent, with the average temperature being over 25°C/77°F! For those of us who enjoy the high heat and high humidity, this is great news. But for the rest, air conditioning is a must!
Here are some tips to stay hydrated and avoid the heat wave!
- If you are heading outdoors, wear a wide brimmed hat to keep the sun off of you and your kid's face! Sunburns can be quite dangerous so its best to be prepared.
- Choosing a waterproof, sports friendly sun block is also a must. We recommend one with a minimum SPF of 50 for children and a minimum of 30 for adults.
- Drink plenty of good old H20! Fruit juices and soda are lovely on occasion, but water is the most ideal liquid to consume during a heat wave to hydrate instead of dehydrating like most sugary liquids will.
- Getting out to a theme park is also a must for summer entertainment and if possible, try to take your kids to a water park! There's no better way to cool down than to go for a dip. Be sure to order your Oliver's Labels Safety Wristbands to be sure your kid's are identifiable should they get lost!
- Prolonged stays in the heat will drain anyone, whether it be an adult, a child or even an animal, so whatever you choose to do, don't do it all day!
Stay tuned for next weeks blog!
Customer Support Manager