The school break is almost here, and the kids will need to be occupied for an entire week. (Eek!!) If you’re in part of the country that’s still covered in snow and experiencing extremely frigid temps, this is even more daunting because you can’t just send the kids outside for the day!
We know you'll be looking for fun activities to keep the kids busy, so we’ve come up with a few cool ideas…
- Canadian Family has rounded up 17 projects we love. Our favourites are the cardboard tube race cars and the page corner bookmarks (shown below) – too cute!
|Image: Natalia Heilke / Tally's Treasury|
- This ‘at-home vacation’ idea from Canadian Living is innovative and budget-friendly
- We think this list from Spoonful has projects for everyone to enjoy: fluffy flip flops for a fashionista tween, pop-up eggs for a crafty preschooler, mud cupcakes for nature lovers of all ages, and rain paintings for a little Picasso or Monet… plus many more!
Other fun things to do during the school break include:
- Participating in library programs and events
- Visiting museums (check your local public library to see if they have free passes for local attractions, such as museums and galleries)
- Set up playdates with four of your child’s friends and coordinate with the parents so that each family hosts on a different day. (Sure, you’ll be tired after you host, but you’ll have the other four days off!)
We hope these ideas will help you plan a fun week for your kids… enjoy!
Connect with us on: