Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Being Present – A Gift to Our Kids

If you’re like me, there’s never enough time in the day to get everything done.
With all of life’s responsibilities, it’s almost impossible to carve out a few minutes of “me” time (for sanity!) each day. Throw in a special occasion to plan or a family illness...well, let’s just say that something’s gotta give. It’s at times like these when I stop and re-evaluate my daily priorities.

I’ve heard it said that kids won’t remember a dirty house, but they will remember the time we spend with them.  And it’s true – there’s nothing my kids love more than for me to hang out with them - and nothing I love more, either! In a few years they may not want to spend so much time with their dear old mom, so starting this summer, it’s my goal to worry less about the little things and enjoy my family more... to try and really be present with my kids – turning off the computer and iPhone if only for a few hours – so I can engage in a way that lets them know there’s nowhere I’d rather be. I want to take advantage of the beautiful weather and opportunities for family fun this summer!

I know what you’re thinking... sometimes that’s easier said than done, especially when you’re out of ideas. Well, that’s where our Summer Guide comes in. We hope it will provide some much-needed inspiration when your creativity doesn’t quite match your enthusiasm!

If you have a great idea, we would love to share it! Send us your suggestions so we can add them to our guide.

No comments: