Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Food and Family

It’s amazing how food brings family together. For as long as I can remember, cooking with my mom has been a tradition. Not only did I cook with my mom, but also my grandmother. It was something we loved to do together when my sister and I were young, and still love to do it to this day.

Now that I’ve got kids, I continue the tradition with them. I must admit, while I love to cook, my real passion lies in baking. Aaahhh, do I have a sweet tooth!  My kids’ favourite recipe has got to be chocolate chip cookies, but I really love trying new recipes in hopes of finding our next “family favourite”. This past year, I’ve tried to be a little more adventurous with meals, so that we don’t end up eating the same-old, same-old every week. In turn, I’m going to share a few of our new favourites. These are all from Allrecipes.com, which I happen to LOVE because of the rating/review system that helps me pick those recipes that seem to be loved by all. It truly takes the guesswork out of trying a new recipe!





With both the Canada Day and Independence Day long weekends coming up, I hope you will take some time to try something new – you’ll love it! (Especially if it’s a 5-star recipe!!)

No comments: