Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Mayhem?


Usually at this time of year, I’m racing around from store to store trying to cross everything off my list. And, I’m not talking just buying anything. As a bargain hunter, I check flyers, search the web and compare prices in-store to ensure I’m getting the best possible price. While the price comparisons can be time-consuming and tedious, the fact is that I like the rest of it – the hustle and bustle of the stores,  hob-nobbing with other shoppers, inspecting all my potential purchases… even getting a hot chocolate to accompany me on my shopping journey. Christmas shopping really is a much-loved tradition of mine.

This year, however, I haven’t stepped into a store once. I have literally purchased every gift thus far online. The delivery people from Canada Post, FedEx and Purolator surely know me by now. J  It’s actually kind of surreal… I never thought I would enjoy doing it this way - breaking free of all my personal holiday shopping traditions - but I find it somewhat freeing. While I still miss the personal element of going shopping, I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I know this isn’t something I’ll do every year, but at this stage (with two children under the age of 5), it seems to be the only way to go!

With all the time I’m saving, I may even be able to squeeze in a few more holiday craft activities with the kids. Now, that is something I can see becoming a tradition in my house!


No comments: